Joke 56: Dublin Traffic cop story

A man was driving very erratically through the streets of Dublin one Friday night, when a police officer pulled him over and asked him if he had been drinking.

"Aye, that I have," the man replied. "Tis Friday, ye know, me and the lads stopped by the pub and had eight o' nine pints of the good stuff. After that I had to drive me friend Pat home and I couldn't be rude, so I had a couple of Guiness with him. Then on me way home, I had to stop to pick me up a bottle for later."

The man then fumbled around in his pockets until he found the bottle of whiskey and held it up for the officer to inspect.

Signing, the officer said, "Sir, I am afraid you'll have to step out of the car to take a breathalyzer test."

"What fer?" asked the man. "Don't ye believe me?"